The Drum Separator is a combination of a recirculation fan, a separation section with a rotating drum and a connecting expansion chamber. It is the best separating solution based on density of
the material at capacities up to 100 tonnes/hr of input and up to
25 tonnes/hr of separated light fraction.
- Versatile – processes many different waste streams, including high moisture content input.
- Gives control of the caloric value of the output.
- Removes interferants from input, thus protecting the granulators in RDF refinement.
- Low maintenance and few wear parts i.e. reduced downtime.
- Can handle large fraction sizes (plastics and foils).
- Low dust emission.
These benefits result in fast return on invest- ment, low operating costs and superior reliability.
The Windshifter is utilized for the separation and/or upgrading of the following Waste qualities.
- Municipal Solid Waste. (MSW)
- Commercial and Industrial Waste (C&I)
- Construction and Demolition Waste (C&D)
- Compost Refinement section
- Waste from Electric and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- Biomass/Wood recycling
- Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF)
- Bottom Ash Upgrading
- Single Stream (DSD/PMD)
- Other abrasive materials.